Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Irony of Being Ironic

Desperate disappointing nightmares keep me believing in love. You keep me grounded like an anchor tied to a feather. I remember the anchor well, the feeling of sinking to the bottom of the sea was peaceful, I sank with my insecurities and faults you never let me forget. Life experienced makes me want to experiment more. Mercy fell asleep with the gas on in a room full of lit candles, and died without ever knowing me. The bigger crook always hangs the smaller crook. You have the beauty of water in the distance of a dessert. It's sad that being the worst is the best you can do. You walk without a path while casting the shadow of a ghost. Misery is a profitable business, and it's what you got coming, but you'll appreciate its liberating ending. So we'll burn it down to build it better. Sometimes I feel like I am somebody I'm not too, funny how we can believe our own lies. But it's never too late to retrace your footsteps even if you have to go back through the fire. I finally met myself the other day, I like who I have become, REAL. What you see is what you get and that is how it should be. I saved me from me. So let's end this by starting over. I would like to formally welcome…the rest of my life.

No comments: